Let’s just stick to facts…
- Pooch has got some sort of slow heart rate thing which the ECG identified. The blood tests all came back normal.
- The doctor says he needs a 24-hour ECG to see whether the heart thing is something to worry about and is actually causing his head issues.
So he may not actually drop dead but we won’t know that for sure for a while. This has led to the two of us falling out because I’m getting all het up about founding out NOW and using his health insurance to shoulder through all the admin and he is annoying because I’m moaning at him to do more and do it now and get it sorted when he already is doing it, just a bit slower than I’d like. I know I’m being a bit of a bitch but I’m freaking worried about the stupid idiot.
So to move on….new job is still going well – just got my objectives for next year which are wide and politically intriguing as there is a load of change management stuff plus a load more I won’t be able to admit to working on. Quite exciting really as one project involves working with my previous boss who is Cunning and there’s a reason I put a capital letter there.
Knitting is going boringly. Xmas socks….also just remembered I need to do that shawl thing for sian so really need to get a move on with that. Dipped a toe into festive spirit last night by putting up and decorating the xmas tree – fake naturally as I don’t like harvesting real ones just for a month of use and then a trip to the tip.
Going to the Candy Bar tonight because Freddie and Becky are coming up to stay to celebrate their one year anniversary. Am slightly scared but should be good.
TFIFriday. Going to see Nic on Sunday – will be really good to catch up plus she just told me she has a package for me someone at Harrogate gave her to pass on. Also need to discuss more SkipNorth plans.
Lastly, Pooch and I have started our own Secret Pal and sent each other a questionnaire of our own devising this morning. We have agreed to spoil each other to the value of £20 a month for the next three months, having parcels delivered to work addresses.
Here are his (edited!) answers so any suggestions just let me know!
- Are you a label snob. Or is it all the same to you?> Yes
- Would you want some personalised stationary?> No
- Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)> Cats and Dogs and Cats and Dogs The Film
- If you had to wear an identity bracelet, would it have "Simon" or> "Pooch" on it?> Pooch>
- Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?> Yes, amazon but it's poorly maintained
- What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)> L'eau D'Issey (which is Lavendar based)>
- Do you have a favourite food treat?> Eggs Benedict
- What sort of things do you like to do in your spare time?> programming, cooking>
- What kind of music do you like? > Classical, prog rock, early 90's Manchester>
- What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color> family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?> Favourite - Red, don't like Puce
- What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)> To be happy
- What is/are your favorite things to play with?> My Byrne
- What is/are your current obsession/s?> Who will replace Roy Keane
- Who are your heros?> Eric Cantona, Gandhi
- What is your favourite film?> Star Wars Espiode V - The Empire Strikes Back
- What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?> Yoda
- Where would you like to travel to in the future?> Antarctica, Scandinavia, America (later!)>
- Is there anything that you collect?> Belly-button fluff>
- What magazines do you regularly read?> Edge
- Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?> Visual Complex Analysis
- Any objects you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one> reason or another?> Nah