Tuesday 11 April 2006

Secret Pal 8

Much to my own surprise I have signed up and requested a pal in the US. It was definitely getting that parcel from purl power that did it. I love post! I also love stuff like what I was doing today, even though it was raining.

It started with a lovely massage from Timo and he was all dumbfounded when I gave him the tiny knitted top. The baby is a girl and is due next Thurs so fingers crossed for them. Then a meander around covent garden. Stopped off at the cath kidston store. Man, I love that stuff. Bought some divine red spotted fabric napkins and some pink spot paper ones. Now this was wedding research you see, so doesn't count as real money. Meandered into a topshop and got some new jeans and some wicked bad red polka dot shoes with bows on the toes - so minnie mouse! Then off to the V&A for some lovely japanese kimonos and the textile gallery. Plus a gorg t-shirt with a trompe-oeil tape measure on it. Oooo, lots of fun stuff.

After all this moshing about has made me mighty sleepy so have changed my plans. No kew gardens tomorrow but a day of lovely sewing and knitting. Seems it's going to rain anyway so probably for the best!

OK, now for the photos....
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

This sock is knitted with basically one strand of sewing cotton. I always look at this stuff with my jaw dropped....but...they didn't actully have anything else to do.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Lace making has never been tried chez byrne...
Image hosting by Photobucket

And finally the cake these fair hands baked last night - sooooooo yummy. Yarnstorm's recipe for squidgy date cake.
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: