Saturday 21 October 2006

Belated ally pally round-up (photo heavy!)

I know I'm a week late but it's been a busy one so in every sense, better late than never. For those of you who have never visited the Alexandra Palace show I thought it might be nice to have a look at this, which is me walking through about a 1/10th of it.



I really did have a very lovely time and, a la Wormhead, was having trouble carrying everything on the way back at the end of the saturday. I got some really awesome things but my biggest splurge is yet to arrive - enough pukka shetland wool for the scoop neck fairisle in the most recent Vogue Knitting. Ooooooo. Anyway, from what I did get....
Hip knits silk and the new magazine on the block:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fat quarters and beads and the like:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Handmade paper for an altered journal swap:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The cheap stuff - for a hard wearing trivial pursuits cushion and the variegated for the shawl on the fornt of the Vogue shawls book:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lovely pure wool Twileys Whisper or something like that for either a boxy cardigan from knit1 or a jumper:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wicked chocolate notebook with a mix of square, lined and blank paper inside plus the latest Interweave knits and a patchwork-how-to-book:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patons washed haze (50p a ball!) for a cardi and the touch yarns merino for I don't know what but I loved the colours and it was 25% off:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lots of little things to play with - ribbons, non-slip feet for Pooch's next handknit socks, square sequins etc etc
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So what has this massive acquisition done to the yarn chest? Well, I had actually been very good before AP and during stashalong - I had a big clear out and sold a load on ebay. I also then took a huge bag of odd balls to NWKTog group and shared them out with the rest going to the charity shop. So despite having bought all this I can (just) close the war chest:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So with all that going on you'd have thought I'd be happy with my little lot and get down to some serious knitting right? No! What I did was get a cold and my mood slipped again and was quite down for a couple of days. I found myself not really in the mood for knitting so instead have been making ATCs for swaps. I rather liked these on the theme 'fall florals':
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have been feeling a bit better the last couple of days though and was even better once my end of the knitting magazine swap arrived. I got these two awesome magazines from the US:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had never even heard of them and there were a couple of 'how have i lived without....' type items in each. Feast your eyes:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This last one is crochet and I thought I'd try it as a scarf first to see how it looks.

So there you have it. Actually you don't - I made the coolest bag in the world last night but I reckon that's enough photos for today!

2 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

You can't leave us hanging like that! - I think we need to see the world's coolest bag as well!

Woolly Wormhead said...

oooh, loads of goodies! So did you fall over when you loaded yourself up with bags too?

Shame we didn't chat for longer on saturday - catch up time could be due soon?