Tuesday 13 February 2007

Normal service is resumed

I've changed the link in the post below to go to a site that should be better for podcast hosting. I know some people had had a couple of problems so this new site should sort that out.

Meantime I have had a delivery from Amazon full of knitting and crochet goodness! I ordered it about 3 weeks ago and had to wait this long for no particularly specified reason. The books are Couture Crochet Workshop by Lily Chi, Amazing crochet lace and Mason & Dixon knitting. It's the crochet lace book that has really done it for me though. The things in there are just so beautiful! I'll add pics once I get to my scanner.

I haven't had much of a chance to look at the other ones yet but will do later on tonight.

In knitting news I've done about 3/4 of the first socks-that-rock sock for BoyAlex. I keep thinking back to the piano key socks over at Slipped Stitch's blog. I don't have any black sock yarn and somehow I just don't think they'd look as good in brown and white. But surely I can't justify buying any more? I did the big count and I have.......

5.2 miles of sock yarn

Ok, OK. I commit to knitting 2 miles before I buy anymore. Goddammit. How many socks is that anyway? It takes me about 70g to do a pair - gosh all these mixed measurement units. Confused! How do you end up with 5.2 miles of sockyarn anyway? I mean.....MILES. We're not just talking football pitches here.

Miles. Geez.

Anyway. I'm trying to psych myself up to go to kick boxing, which I loathe. Maybe it is a punishment for having too much sock yarn. Yep. That could work....

2 comments:

Penny said...

Its a shame you couldn't specify a number of miles walked before you could buy sock yarn. Imagine if just walking into town a few times allowed you to buy some more :-).

NikolaAnne said...

MY GOD! 5.2 miles? How many balls of yarn is that?

I can't even begin to imagine, so I think this post needs an enhancement picture!

L&s
Nikki