Monday 23 July 2007

Manky rant

Am still at home with this wretched cold. Which is annoying as I am surrounded by stuff I need to do but would rather not. There is just so much going on at the moment, I'm feeling a bit wobbly.
  1. MBA - which I'm now very behind on the study for, I've missed the study day on sat because of this cold and I haven't started the essay half of the next assignment which is due in the day before the...
  2. Wedding - 10 days to go. I still need to finish my jewellery, make a ring cushion and decide what I'm doing with my hair. Before that there is the ...
  3. Hen do, which is on saturday. I still haven't managed to invite loads of people I wanted to come and I haven't contacted art4fun to tell them we're coming. They might be closed that day for all I know. And before that is...
  4. Tomorrow morning, which I'm not blogging about until something comes of it but is basically another source of stress for which I've done no research or preparation.
Pah.What would make far more sense would be to make a list of the immediate next actions a la GTD and then start doing some. At least then I'd be getting somewhere rather than just sitting around thinking about all the things I'm not doing.

I should also spend a bit of time focussing on positives so as not to get a visit from the black dog who has suddenly become a bit of a celeb with knitters. I have finished the two slum doctor blankets that I started months ago and which will go off tomorrow. I've also made good progress on the cherry blossom socks using the first SP yarn so it might just be that I have a matching pair one of these days. NOTE TO SELF: Stop doing both socks at once with magic loop. It may get rid os SSS but you don't enjoy it. One at a time is much better.

4 comments:

Nickerjac said...

Sorry you are feeling so off colour, anything I can I do let me know :)

Probably Jane said...

Likewise - if there is anything I can do to help just give me a shout.

Nic said...

OOh I hope today went well. We get married on the 11th Aug and I am feeling like you, too much to do, not enough time and even when I try to organise something, everything goes tits up. Today I got a letter telling me that we might have no bells at the church due to acidents, holidays and illness...my god, if that isn't an omen to not get married, I don't know what is....maybe the hen weekend we had this weekend in the torrential rain...camping in Wales. Oh how I laughed!!
I hope you are feeling better today and getting things ticked off your list.
Nic
xx

Craftydramaqueen said...

Big hugs Lixie xx Everything will sort itself out. Good luck hun