Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 Review

One of the good things about Ravelry is it makes this kind of thing so much easier. According to the numbers on there I have made 62 projects. 6 have been frogged, 8 are in progress and 8 are hibernating, although to be honest half of those could be frogged.

Out of the 62, 32 were made for other people. I'm quite surprised at that as I always feel like I am always knitting for myself and should do more for others. My favourite projects from the year are....
  • Gary and Wendy's baby blanket - just finished last week

Photobucket

  • Pete's stocking

Photobucket

  • The tardis socks

Photobucket

  • Meaningful mittens

Photobucket

  • Felted diary cover

Photobucket

  • Henley cardigan - despite having to take it apart and practically redo it

Photobucket

  • Pooch's jumper

Photobucket

  • Yellow crosswalker socks - which I'm wearing right now

Photobucket

  • Mermaid scarf

Photobucket

  • Louise's starghan

Photobucket

  • Lucy's wedding blanket - which I never managed to take a finished picture of

Photobucket

My favouite yarns for the year have been the henley cardigan one, which was phildar lambswool, and the mittens one, malabrigo socks yarn. I haven't washed the mittens yet so I am not sure how it will bare up but the henley has worn really well. I've worn it a couple of times a week for the last few months and it hasn't pilled or gone baggy.

Non-knitwise the year has been a mixed bag. Started a new job, which has been OK. Met new people, which has mostly been fab. I'm fulfilling a dream and going to Egypt in a few weeks. But then balancing that is the elephant, which we don't discuss. So overall maybe not the best.

And what does 2009 look like bringing? There is another wedding afghan to be made. I am determined to make Sylvi, from the Twist Collective. Dad very kindly gave me the money for the wool for it for xmas. There's the swirl pullover which I just can't decide on the yarn for, and the meaningful cushions I have in mind - like the meaningful mittens but in DK+, and lastly the crochet hexagon blanket which I have just started in the last few days. I have decided to go with the star motif until I get bored of them. I can always mix in another hexagon pattern later on before I put them together.

Happy new year everyone!

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

ohhh Egypt, I would love togo there!enjoy!
and a happy new year too!