Wednesday 1 July 2009

Back from the Lakes, and from Woolfest, and from the in-laws, and...(Picturetastic)

So I finally made it to Woolfest. I've been trying to go since it started and I finally made it on its fifth birthday. And it was great! But something rather strange happened. There I was, almost knee deep in the good stuff, and yet I only came away with this...
Photobucket
The closest I got to yarn is sock blockers - which are absolutely beautiful.
Photobucket
They've got painted tops - so pretty! I also managed to stock up on buttons. I am getting really into buttons nowadays.
Photobucket
My favourite part of the day was the sheep auction. The auctioneer was the one who usually does the animal auctions there and was brilliant.
Photobucket
I bid on a number of things but struck lucky with these.
Photobucket
Aren't they amazing? I forget now who made them but I absolutely love them. More than £1000 was raised for the nominated charity and most people looked as if they were having as much fun as me. There were also some actual sheep. I couldn't resist taking a photo of this one - with a centre parting.
Photobucket
There were also lots with amazing horns.
Photobucket
Photobucket
As well as the usual amazing knitting on display...
Photobucket
Photobucket
....there were also traditional crafts....
Photobucket
...and traditional music and dancing.
Photobucket
Plus the most awesome ewe milk ice cream. Phew - that stuff was divine.

I think that's enough for today - I'm going to finish off my post tomorrow. Just to say - those signed up on Secret Pal the partners haven't gone out yet. Will be a little while longer but stay tunes to the blog for updates.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You were hilarious at the sheep auction, and I can't believe you managed to not buy any yarn.

Your sheep in the middle is a ram called Bruno, who we discovered liked being scratched behind the ears, he practically fell asleep when my Mum did it!