Saturday 6 February 2010

Quilts

My love affair with Flickr continues. Ah flickr, how do I love thee? Today, I have been looking at Quilts.
Photobucket

The reason for this is because I have done more on my own dotty quilt.
Photobucket
Mmmmm. I love my quilt. It's not perfect, and I can not sew curved seams to save my life, but then that's what zig zag stitch and an applique like turn of mind was invented for. Sadly bending forward over the sewing machine makes my back hurt so I can only do a little at a time.

I finallt gave in and bought series 1 of Lie to Me on dvd. Which brings us to Lixie's Crush of the Week (which should have a theme tune like Harry Hill's segments always do). It is, of course, Tim Roth. 
Photobucket
This is my first time having a crush on someone noticably older with me (17 years) but even so he's still got that bad boy thing going on and.... it's all good. I know what those of you who know me are thinking - bad boy...yeah, just like pooch. But you know, a girl can dream. 

I went to see the physio on thursday and put on the hated shorts. Instant muffin. Lying down I speculated whether the clothes or the woman maketh the muffin. At which point David poked me in the relevant area and said "What? You mean this?" I think that is a sign that it's time to lose a little weight. 16 pounds is perhaps a tad ambitious as that will see me down to 10 stone, so maybe I'll change that to 9. Then I'll be back where I was before I went totally mental, which will be nice.


 

Just finally, it was of course Les's funeral yesterday. It was short and to the point, but wonderfully personal and very moving. His sons spoke very nicely about their dad and the whole family was there for Tess. Nic, Yvonne and I acquitted ourselves very respectfully as representatives of all of you who knew him or met him at fairs. Gone, but definitely not forgotten.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I was at the Brighton show today with Yvonne and Jan, and Yvonne said you'd been there and that you'd crocheted a flower... Thankyou. Les will be missed.