Thursday 5 January 2012

On the 10th day of Christmas...

As well as all my other lovely presents I got a bit of money and so decided to invest in a proper sewing box. It arrived yesterday!
Sewing box
I was slightly shocked at how orange the wood is. The picture suggested more of a pale ash coloured veneer but then we all know those warnings about monitor colours. Besides, it has grown on me.
Sewing box
I've tried to be terribly organised and give everything a proper place.
Sewing box
I know it won't last though! I had thought of covering it in stickers - like the sewing machine.
sewing machine with stickers
But somehow it looks a bit too prim and proper to be stickered.

I thought Angry Kitty looked like she needed some cheering up so I stopped off at Thorntons on the way home to find her a friend.
Angry Reindeer meets Angry Kitty
He didn't seem to make her any less angry so I ate him. Let's face it - he had it coming.

The man in the shop asked me what name I wanted on it. "Angry." I replied. He slowly raised one eyebrow. "This is someone's name?" he said. "More of their state of mind" was my reply.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Wish I could have seen the face of the man-in-Thorntons!

PURLPOWER said...

Man that sewing box is lush. Happy New Year dude.