Monday 2 June 2014

Japanese Scrubbies

A few years back there was a big Ravelry craze for "scrubbies" - scrubbing cloths crocheted from cotton which could be used in the kitchen or bathroom. I even created my own pattern for my own "Furry Mitt" although looking back I see the photos went when I closed my photobox account. They are still here on Ravelry. Good grief, 8 people made one. Well in that case I'll dig out the photo.
002
Epic! I've still got those pyjama bottoms. Anyway, getting distracted.

I was in Tokyo Hands in Shibuya looking for mosquito fatwa associated products and saw these ones, intended for the kitchen of course.
Japanese Scrubbies
Japanese Scrubbies
And for those still interested in crocheting them - why not make an outfit for your scrubbie? Or just buy one of course.
Japanese Scrubbies
I think manufacturers in the UK are leaving kitchens needlessly unembellished by not including such products in their ranges.



No comments: