Thursday 5 June 2014

Testing My New Camera

I've been getting annoyed with the performance of my camera recently - specifically the lack of focus if the flash is turned off - so I decided it was time for a new one. Usually I am loathe to replace something until it is broken but when I thought about it the camera was given to me by my sister when she broke up with the boyfriend before the boyfriend before the man she married who she is now divorcing. So it is at least 7 years old and that is a lifetime in electronics.

I went for a Samsung with built-in wifi, good zoom abilities and a large touch-screen on the back so you can manually choose the focus point.
The picture links to Amazon although the price is about £20 higher than when I bought it a month ago (when it was about 65% off) so if you are looking for one you might want to see if the price goes down again in the next few weeks. 

I had it forwarded on from the UK since these things are uber expensive here and it arrived last week. I clearly needed to take it for a test drive, but where to go? I checked what I had taken the most photos of since I had arrived and the answer became clear. 
Cat Cafe Ebisu
Cat Cafe Ebisu
Cat Cafe Ebisu
Cat Cafe Ebisu
Bruiser was in a particularly malevolent mood and moved each time he caught me looking at him so I could only snap him from behind. I can't help thinking he is one rescue cat who did not appreciate being rescued. 

The camera has a few fun features like this split mode, although you can have other arrangements of sections. 
Cat Cafe Ebisu
And then there is the picture within a picture. 
Cat Cafe Ebisu
Bit odd but I am sure there is a use for it somewhere along the line.  

I have some more conventional tests for it planned for the great outdoors but I'm happy with the cat close ups so as far as I'm concerned this is a good choice for a new camera!

No comments: