Tuesday 24 February 2015

Craft Blockage

I've finally got the space to create in...and I can't decide what to do.
Stonehenge
I've still only got basic supplies BUT there are shops so I could go and get something. But...what to get? I was thinking of maybe some embroidery but I already embroidered this before I left England...
Embroidered crinoline lady
...and I don;t know what to do with it. I am therefore a bit wary of embroidering something else I don't know what to do with. I don't have a sewing machine yet and only have about 8 FQs of fabric (which, actually, sounds like a lot now I write that) but the designs aren't talking to me. Much like my Mum's cat wouldn't talk to Triple H even when he was being eaten by a dinosaur at her feet.
Cat, Dinosaur and Triple H
I could knit something. That's probably a better idea. But what to knit?! I have just signed up for the UK Knitting and Crochet Guild's monthly knitting challenge to knit something for a child. Naturally, my ickle niece came to mind. Her Mum is doing a great job with the face-training.
Sian and Jasmine
I've seen a cute Peppa Pig cardigan I want to convert to a zip up hoody but that requires many colours and charting and so can't be started any time soon. What I need is something more immediate. Much Ravelry trawling and I am thinking of this Drops cardigan which I have the needles for and can get the yarn for pretty easily.

Blockage shifted. I feel so much better now.


1 comment:

cucki said...

Hello my dear it's me Cucki from south Africa :)
So happy to meet you...
And your stitching is looking so lovely..so much me..I think it will be a lovely needle case book too.
Sending you hugs xx