Tuesday 24 May 2005

Secret Pal Questionnaire Answers

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am rather a yarn-snob although for a snob I still buy a fair bit of acrylic. I often buy single balls of yarn "just to try" and they can be made of anything.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Have a drop spindle. I'd love a wheel but there's no room.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Allergic to lavender and biological washing powder. Don't wear perfume.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Since I was about 4. Left off for years and started again in ernest about 3 years ago.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, sorry!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla definitely. Just stay away from that lavender!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
VERY! Good milk or plain chocolate is my downfall.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I have played around with sewing and embroidery. I'm pretty practical so have tried most things crafty once.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all sorts. Favourite listens at the moment are Kaiser Chiefs, Snoop Dogg, Katie Melua.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Reds - I love yellows but can't wear them so avoid yellow yarn like the plague. White looks awful on me. Not too fond of organe or purple. Reds and lighter blues though I love.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a boyfriend with a childhood nickname of 'Pooch' which is kind of like having a pet. No actual animals (he's allergic) but I LOVE cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Dude....have my own yarn shop? Seriously, I'd love that. Like the one in the Monica Ferris books!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Rowan chunky big wool type things at the moment. Anything you can use over 4mm needles on really. Very fond of variegated stuff.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy 100% acrylic. Anything that feels like it's not wool basically.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Chunky wools. Am really into felting actually. Felted bags are SO strong.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Tough one - I like variety. I like trying out new techniques so I'm in the middle of a cable top so I co9uold get the hang of cabling.
17. What are you knitting right now?
The cable top. It's from Rowan's current magazine and is mercerised cotton on 3.25mm which is too small for comfort.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Yuk. Capelets however have a certain something. I have a shop bought cape, but have been considering a capelet.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight, definitely. I can't do ciculars and double pointed are the needles of the devil. I knit socks on two needles always.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Have got some of each. Not fussed as long as they are nice. Sucker for coloured or painted ones.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep. But on two needles. Like the really bright self-patterning yarns.
22. How did you learn to knit?
Had a 'My First Knitting Kit' plus a whole lot of trial and error.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 18 months. Man, I really need to rip that thing. Trouble was by the time I was near finished (it needs about just 3 rows and then making up) I'd gone off it. Is in Colinette tagliatelli too so not like it's nasty yarn.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Mr Tinkles from the film "Cats and Dogs". I love any evil, sarcastic cat. Catbert from Dilbert is excellent too.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Morocco sticks in my mind. Was about 4 years ago. Marrakesh souks were wonderful. Didn't see any yarn though!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn! Vintage bracelets from 60's or older.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits and Rowan Magazine. Have tried the UK mags Knitting and Simply Knitting but am not that keen on either.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I am a sucker for books but the thing is I always buy them straight away when I see them. Have the one for dying your own patterning sock yarn on order at the moment.

No comments: