So I thought instead I'd do a quick run down of a few of my favourite suppliers:
- Dianne's Knitting Yarns. Don't be put off by the slight naffness of the site itself. It's worth digging into. My personal fave is james C brett marble and I *need* some of it in the two new colourways but am holding off til after SkipNorth. It may be 100% acrylic but it feels lovely. I have a cardi in the pink/green colourway and have made baby clothes in some of the others.
- Woolly Workshop. Surely one of the all time classics. And in a great part simply because the owner Gill is just such a nice woman. I got my denise needles there and they have kept me in cherry tree hill recently (yes I still like it even though it is going through some sort of fading period).
- Get Knitted. Equally, a classic supplier. A pleasure to deal with.
- Beads Needs UK. An ebay shop. Lovely owner. Lovely beads.
- Japanese Craft books. Have just ordered my third from her. Yes, they are all in japanese but everything is done in pictures so while you're missing out on some commentary you can still make the things. And they are gorgeous. Look at the felt mascot books. Also does knitting and crochet ones.
- Carol's Patchwork and Quilting Shop. Can't get her ebay shop to come up but this is a list of all her stuff and her shop is linked at the top of the page. This is where my floral patchwork pieces have been coming from. Great quality and fast service. Again a lovely lady.
I think that's enough to have tempted you all with!