Monday 19 February 2007

Yes, life does suck today actually or "How I learned to accept purple mange as part of my life"

I am having a day that can only be described as mangey. Nothing in particular wrong, just low level mange. I don't mean I have a parasitic skin infection, because that would be unhygenic and those of you who thought it might be the case should go and gargle with TCP ASAP (and should think of those letters as a word with the emphasis on the a as in a-sap but not as in a-rse). Blah blah.


I got some ATCs in the post today and they were much better than the ones I sent. And I got rejected for a Project J thing I didn't want anyway. And I tried to subscribe to Interweave knits on woollyworkshop's site and my card got inexplicably declined even though I went and checked there was cash. And pleh. So yes. Mange. It's the only word for it.


In other news I've been listening to shed loads of podcasts recently for an article for issue 3 of the ol'zine. There is a lot of crap out there, if you'll pardon me saying so. I told one of Pooch's friends that my podcast was on i-tunes and he was impressed as he seemed to think there was some kind of vetting involved but in fact you could record your Pooch-equivalent farting and submit that and as long as it has an RSS feed it would be fine. So although I don't think I came off too badly (and thanks commenters for saying nice things about it!) it has all made me wonder why. WHY? Why am I spending so much time on a zine and podcast? All when I have now had 2 business ideas and yet the little voice in my head (what I was instructed to call "Nid*" at a recent training course) keeps telling me it would be too much hassle to make it happen. And yet here I am with podcasts coming out of my ears.


So naturally having convinced myself I don't have the time to make a living out of craft I sat down and sewed some really rather beautiful little ATCs. At least I think they are.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I've put them in descending order of niceness. I've gone right off purple recently. Perhaps purple is my colour for mange, in a Synesthesic kindaway. I really wish I had that thing with the colours although I'm guessing it's not quite so great as I imagine.

So anyway....on the needles? Um...still the socks that rock socks. Still 'branching out'. And finally , still the sirdar denim blue baby hoodie although I should finish that tonight. Pictures? Pah, who needs pictures when you have purple mange.





*Negative internal dialogue. Should always be replaced by Pid. I'll leave you all to work out that one for yourselves.

No comments: