Monday 9 April 2007

Yo diggidy

My name is....slim shady.

Was asked to post the answers to 2 questions as part of secret pal so here they are....
  1. How old were you when you learned how to knit?
    I was three! My mum bought me a 'my first knitting' kit with blue plastic needles and really scratchy acrylic yarn and away I went. Can't remember what I made but i can remember some older kids seeing me and telling everyone who came near that I was only three. Looks like knitting in public has never been something I was shy about!
  2. Who taught you? My mum. When I took it up again properly later in life (erm, about 21) I went to the library and looked in the children's section for a 'my first crafts' book and re-learnt all the casting on and off bit.
So episode 4 of the ol'podcast is up at http://lixieknitsit.podbean.com so hop along and have a look or subscribe through i-tunes. One of the things I talk about is the shop 'all the fun of the fair' off carnaby st and I remembered I had a few photos of it on my phone so here they are.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The wall you can see is all the yarn with the other walls and tables full of accessories and goodies. The second photo shows the shop window and if you look in the background you can see the knitted cupcake tower I talk about in the podcast.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've also got hold of a cushion pad for my archemides spiral cushion from woollythoughts.com.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yeah, it does look kinda crap but hey, you can't win them all. I also have a finished object, namely a baby cardi that used up the last of the wool I did my amazing jumper in.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Just a very plain garter stitch one from debbie bliss done all in one piece. Did a lot of that while watching wrestlemania at Denning's house. So cool (the knitting and the wrestling!).

So have eaten my chocolate rabbit and am still pretending to self that this is the start of a new less-choc-era. Well, have made it to almost 11am and haven't had any yet in any case. Have an added incentive to start a weightloss programme to keep myself sweet for Cillian Murphy who is now on my get-out-of-jail-free-list*. Oh yes, he is so fine. Oh yes, I'm going to make him mine....

*Some people find it strange that Pooch and I have these lists which contain between three and five people depending who is telling the story. These are people we can go and do the dirty with without it impacting on our relationship. Pooch has natalie imbrulia, eva green and kate moss i think and I have whoever I damn well feel like at the time**. The rules are they have to be famous and a sub-rule is that you have no chance of ever scoring with them ever in a million years ever. But a gal can dream!

** Cillian Murphy, Mark Harmon and ..... not sure who else today. Angelina Jolie?!

4 comments:

annarella said...

Hey Alex, just discovered your podcasts (been hiding under a rock lately..) and am now listening to the first issue - it sounds really good, looking forward to catching up with the others too. Hope you're having a good weekend! xx

NikolaAnne said...

You mean there is a yarn shop in Carnaby street???

When did that happen?

Why has no one told anyone???

*franticaly checks to see if she can get down there this week...*

Anonymous said...

Wow! Three! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Though you didn't win the drawing for Socks that Rock, I am putting together a little something for our "earliest knitting student". Congratulations!