Sunday 30 September 2007

400th post

since March 13th 2005. Almost 67,000 hits and still going strong. I've been discussing life with pooch and and co recently and feel that I've reached a point of consolidation. I no longer have the same urge to go out and shop my socks off. In "How Proust can change your life" AdeB talks about how in modern society once you're earning a certain amount there is no need to yearn for things any more because you can go out and buy them. I don't want to be big headed and sound off but I reached this point a couple of years ago. If I wanted something I could just go out and buy it. Made life a bit boring really, which probably says more about my life than it does about my earnings. Recently I have slowed down my acquisition of things and am thinking more about what, besides shopping, makes me happy. Geez, how hollow does that sound?

One of the things that does make me happen is sorting stuff out. So today I've been making lists and thinking about things that need sorting out. I've set myself a deadline of ally pally to get the proudtobecrafty.co.uk website sorted out and the spreadshirt shop finished and ready to be publicised. I'm planning to make the PTBC website into more of a portal so not just for Skip Holidays but also for the podcast and also as a distro for crafty bits and pieces I and others want to sell. I've also been talking to Pooch about restarting the zine as I did like doing it - but that depends on making a decision about whether to continue with the MBA which is a whole other can of worms.


But there has definitely not been enough knitting content in this post so a little teaser for you - SkipNorth will definitely be taking place in 2008 and the dates are Friday 7th March - Sunday 9th. I will be letting the SkipHolidays yahoo group know first when Nic and I finalise the price. It will still be well below the £200 mark but costs have risen this year so be prepared for a bit of a hike.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Delurking to say congrats on making it to 400 posts :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Love the podcast, and yes, congratulations on your blog reaching 400.