Thursday 13 August 2009

Oh my god! Look at that!

This is what my colleagues kept saying to me on monday when I slept badly and woke up with a really stiff neck. I couldn't turn it to the left at all and it was inclined at about 20 degrees off centre. So of course they thought this was a gift from above and spent all day trying to trick me into looking to my left because it either hurt me or made me turn my whole body like an old-school robot (I work with 3 guys). Three days later and I've now got about 70% movement back but I'm very achey. I went for a walk-in massage yesterday and that helped a bit although about 30 seconds in she (the masseur) paused and said "I don't think 10 minutes is going to be enough for you". I hear you, sister.

This week was potentially going to be quite stressful:
  • work
  • time of the month
  • starting new meds (changing anti-d)
  • sian moving in

Instead of the above the main stress has turned out to be my neck - so it just goes to show there's no point worrying as however bad you think something might be it will be something else that ends up biting you in the arse. The changing meds in particular has gone very well although I'm only three days in but I had a week's break from the other one first and haven't had any side-effects so I'm counting myself as lucky. It's never gone this smoothly in the past.

Of course there has been the occasional ray of sunshine. This is where one of the baby blankets has ended up.

Photobucket

Laura and Blanket. It's a strange name for a child but there you go. Laura is looking great and the baby look like an absolute honey. I was hoping to go and visit them this weekend but the Pooch has deadlines coming out of his hedgehog ears and so will be working for the whole thing. I thought to cheer him up I might make him one of these, which Mingled Yarn has made for her loved one. Just need to find a towel large enough.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Glad to hear that things proved not to be so bad, but sorry to hear about your neck! Love the hooded towel!