- Fallen over running for the bus = bruises, scuffed palms, wrenched muscle, which only becomes apparent over the weekend.
- Get the sickness bug that's been going around and spend 36 hours convinced am going to be sick.
- Wrenched muscle (in bosom area, directly below left breast) (my left) gets more painful. Miss a night's sleep and end up on prescription pain killers.
- Gave blood. This in itself was fine but the painkillers were stopping my blood clotting as well as usual so start bleeding again and end up fainting.
- Hospital appt with handsome italian to personally examine my freckles. It's not skin cancer but is a non-NHS prescription so ££££. OK, so the italian actually made this a good thing on balance.
- Root canal at dentist. Am in the chair for an hour and he drills into a nerve (which is one of my long-time nightmares) which wasn't his fault at all but caused me to leave the chair and instinctively grab hold of him which was very suprising to both of us.
So yeah, poor me. It's been quite a week. The only thing keeping me going is the thought of the Ravelry Day in Coventry at the weekend. That and my sock. I have sock love. Isn't this beautiful?
I am so loving it, and the pattern is very easy once you get going. It's an excellent book - best knitting book I've bought in a long time. I'm about 2/3 through the first one.
Of course the big news is that...
SECRET PAL 14 SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN!
I am one of the hostesses this time round and I am looking forward to it. Go along to the blog to find out more. And do sign up - you can choose to have a pal in this country if you're not wanting to spend on postage at the mo and you can choose to spend as little as $30 or up to $90, depending on your budget.