(Update at end of post)I am a shit magnet.
Emails restart the following day. Mid afternoon he suggests meeting up that evening as well. I had an evening of pinboard activity planned (actually pinboard, not pinterest) but I decided to forego it and meet him again.
THREE HOURS later he walks me to the tube with me sporting the latest in teenage accessories.
Before concluding that the man is at best amazingly naive and at worst a cheating weasel, let's review the evidence.
- I had already asked him in an email whether he was a cheating weasel (exact words used) because I hold views on such things.
- We had been emailing for two weeks with the stated intention of eventually going on a date, during which time he was presumably in an un-waning relationship with this other woman.
- I had been 100% upfront about both the divorce and the depression.
- During early emails we had discussed our approaches to relationships and I had described mine as 'open and honest'.
- He didn't volunteer this information to me until I asked him directly, and initially tried to avoid the question.
- He has a "try before you buy" philosophy.
- He's given me a fucking glow-in-the-dark hicky.
9th September Update
Since the episode related above happened I have ended up getting to know the man involved rather better. We've actually become pretty good friends. I have therefore had a chance to revise the impression I had of him and would like to issue the following correction:
- He did not set out to decieve.
- He is not a try-before-you-buy kinda guy.
- He is therefore possibly not anymore weasel-like than the rest.
9th September Update 2
Ok ok geez. And I gave him 2 hickeys. BUT they were barely discernable.