Thursday 8 March 2012

Meep meep

Here are the irish ladies socks. I think my photography skills are getting worse.
Honey Badger Knitted Socks
The pattern is almost like a mock cable when blocked. Very sweet and lovely to wear. Yarn is Artists's Palette Smootherino . Lovely to use. Project on Rav here.

I'm now about a third of the way through the 3/4 Hap Shawl - so maybe I'm actually about 1/4 through the whole shawl? (Maths joke) (kind of). I dithered about the second yarn and have gone with this orangey red one I got from a seller I met on twitter.
008
Details of yarns and pattern on Rav. The Solstice Yarn (red one) is a relatively thick fingering weight and has a lovely woolly, bouncy feel.

I thought I'd have a go at some distractions other than knitting. After the success of my resin experiments a few weeks back the bracelet blanks I ordered duly arrived and I poured my WWE bracelet last night.
WWE Resin Bracelet
It's not fully cured yet but I am rather excited about it. I'll describe who is who once it's done. I also had a go at a bit of hand stitched crazy patchwork last night. It's for an old fashioned letter pouch to keep my correspondence in.
010
I used whatever small bits I had left over - including some Liberty swatches Purlpower gave me in a swap. These swatches have been so useful in lots of projects and are not something I ever would have bought myself. It just goes to show how swaps can introduce you to something new. I also used them in a couple of xmas presents I'm not sure I ever blogged about.
Sewing Sets
I made these little sewing sets for my sisters out of used pasta sauce jars by adding a little pincushion to the tops. Neither of them do more than sew on the occasional button so I thought these were more than sufficient for that. They each contained a little felt needlebook with their initials embroidered on. I wish one/both/either were crafty - but then I guess they'd just steal my stash. Swings and roundabouts.
Swings & roundabouts

1 comment:

Nicky said...

You have been super crafty! I love the colour of your socks and those sewing jars are fabulous. None of my sisters are crafty either, it's a shame really. Have a nice weekend.