Monday 23 July 2012

Hen Do

Saturday saw a hen do take place in Romford. We started off in an all-you-can-eat place called Cosmo which has set a new standard for this kind of thing.
IMG_1584
Normally you get a greasy buffet of cooling food of one sort. Here it was all hot, fresh and delicious. Plus there were currys, sushi, dim sum, diner ribs and burgers, salad, fruit, seafood, pasta and more. And then there was the dessert buffet. This is the chocolate fountain.
IMG_1586
There were desserts of every type and you could have as much as you wanted.
IMG_1585
Nom! After the never before seen but soon to be repeated sushi with yorkshire pudding...
IMG_1583
...I was quite restrained with my dessert...
IMG_1587

Despite such choice we all managed to make it to Romford Dogs where the fun continued. Nic was presented with a veil with Lucy had put together quite brilliantly.
IMG_1589
The knitting mingled with discussions of form and suitability of name of each dog. There were several happy faces as (more by luck than judgement in my case) various dogs came first.
019
028
I won a massive £8 on a dog who was possibly named with me in mind - Comfort Girl. It just had to be.

It was a lovely evening and an excellent way to celebrate the impending nuptuals. Personally I have had a set back with the shawl I've been knitting to wear on the day but I will not cloud this post with tales of woe and misery. I'll leave that for another time!


No comments: