Sunday 14 April 2013

My 1000th Post

In honour of my 1000th post I tried to recreate the apperitif I so enjoyed in France. The original was an elegant masterpiece of a drink while my version was more like a drawing in crayon but it went down smoothly.
001
Take a few raspberries and mash'em with the back of a spoon. Smear messily around rim of glass. Find you have no plain granulated sugar - use caster sugar. Spread over kitchen floor and rim of glass so it sticks to the sticky raspberry gloop. Add fizzy wine. Add too much Chambord because that weird little bottle pours strangely. Tip in rest of raspberry mush. Glug. Hiccups. Done. Nice one Gordon.
Where was I..ah yes. I have been brung low by a cold so have mainly been huddling with a grumpy expression, but I have got a few things done. Baby bunting for example.
Bunting for Sian
Regular readers might have just done a double take and thought I was shamming here. But no, this is the inside version of the outside bunting you saw last year at Nickerjac's wedding (which was actually made for my sister's wedding - long story).
Confetti!
You see, outdoor bunting is single thickness, raw edge and uses string. Inside bunting is double sided, finished edge and uses ribbon. According to the Book of Byrne. This is for the neice-in-progress's nursery. Then there's this.
Baby Sling
I am not too sure about the measurements, but then very few people nurse cushions so it will probably be ok. I used this pattern, more or less. The inside is red flannel while the outside is some chirpy cheap cotton. Is also for NIP. The little one is apparently in position and according to the midwife "if she was any more engaged you'd be in labour" so I am all set to assume the crazy aunt position at a moment's notice.

Pooch was very sweet and a few weeks ago bought me a yarn bowl which just arrived yesterday.
Wren Pottery Bowl Front
Isn't it beautiful? It is from this Etsy seller who I would definitely recommend.
Wren Pottery Bowl
I'm currently knitting from balls of James C Brett (yep, cardigan is still slowly progressing) but I'm going to rewind the balls so I can use the yarn bowl properly.

Meanwhile I've got the following underway:

  • Marble cardigan - about 80% done
  • Mum's shawl - about 75% done
  • Deb's cushion about 70% done
  • Handbag for me about 30% done
  • Other things for NIP 50% done
So I'd better take some more cold and flu remedy, put on a Marple and get on with it. 

1 comment:

shadowbat said...

Oh I meant to write sooner, thank you very much for the books! They arrived last week safely. Couldn't decide yet which one to start though :)