Tuesday 28 January 2014

Hops and Swaps

I have ended up with two partners for the EPP Swap. The second one is finished while the first is becoming a bit of a how-not-to-do-it lesson. Second first.
Pouch front closed
I am very happy with this with the possible exception of the seam bottom right. Inside I used a vintage seed packed print.
Pouch front open
The EPP is all over the back and flap.
Pouch back and flap
This kind of country chic colouring is not my usual palette so it was interesting to put these low volume fabric scraps together.

My first pouch was the one I blogged about before that went lumpy. It's now been unpicked and I've created a panel of hexagons to go with the triangles.
Not working out
I really must stop starting things without a proper plan or at least a proper sketch with thought giving to fastenings. I now have one of those so am back on plan again.

Meanwhile the She Who Sews Hop, which I am part of next week, has started, alternating days with the Don't Let the Door Stop You Hop. There are some crazy, wonderful projects appearing each day. Go and check what is being made and find the schedule here. There is also still time to sign-up for the next BlogHop which is focussing on Ruffles.

1 comment:

susie said...

I love your sweet little bags and your kitties are awesome. I have just one and don't know what I would do if I had more ;)
hugs,
susie