Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Little Finish Before I Leave

I am taking part in the House of Pinheiro's name tag swap. Given that I am going back to the UK tomorrow (crumbs) I thought I had better get this done before I went.
My creation
I really enjoyed the little bit of applique and the piecing of the precious selvages. I traced her logo from her blog onto shrink plastic to make the little plaque and then added a pocket on the back using some of the linen samples I've been collecting from Okadaya. I thought it might be handy for business cards. I made the lanyard from ribbon - easily changed if she doesn't like it or if it gets grubby. I hope she likes it!

Apart from that I have packed up my hundreds of blue EPP hexagons and diamonds so I can start sewing those together while I am away. I also have some bright yellow socks to knit and an embroidery to make for the Superpower Bloghop I'll be taking part in later in the month. Next post - from the UK!
Rain on the M40

1 comment:

Josie said...

Super cute use of selvedges and looking forward to your next(UK!) post.