Monday 21 December 2015

Early Resolutions

I know 1st January is the conventional time to make resolutions but I think it makes more sense to resolve to do things in the moment you resolve to do them, rather than at some later date. Hence my resolve to blog at least weekly from now on, having neglected this poor thing for some time now.

I'm writing this from the airport as I get ready to return to San Francisco after staying with my sister. It was my Dad who pointed out my neglected blog when I saw him yesterday, and made me think about how, as well as neglecting other communication tools (I am terrible at not replying to emails), I've also let this one slip.

It is always rather nice to see things you have made in use at a later date and this started as soon as I got to my sister's house and sat down with my niece to watch the first of several viewings of The Gruffalo. What a lovely story and a great little film! As we sat there she insisted on removing her tights so I tucked her blanket around her little bare legs.
Untitled
It's an i-spy blanket I made for her back in July. I ended up making a mini one for her toy rabbit and as I tucked her up in hers she handed me his and said "You can have this one." So thoughtful!

Later that night my sister and I took up the rainbow ripple blanket I crocheted back in 2011. Here is a photo of the two of us then...
003
...and now...
 Untitled
Maybe one or two extra grey hairs? Ahem. But we've not worn too badly!

I went to my Mum's for a few days in the middle of my stay and needed to use her sewing machine to finish something for Jasmine. The box next to it is my first applique dating from..maybe...1991?
Untitled
I have offered to get Mum a new machine but she seems wedded to that Viking. It's a former teaching machine from a secondary school in the days when girls did sewing and boys did woodwork. Rather odd to use after the joys of an electrical one.

Back at Sian's the item I had needed to finish went up on the wall.
Untitled
My fabric choice may not have made it the most distinct bunting ever but it does say 'jasmine' - plus Sian asked for one saying 'home' for the living room and being asked to make more of something is the kind of compliment every crafter will know makes the heart swell.

Saying goodbye this morning was heart breaking. My final view of Jasmine was her fast asleep last night on top of a Martha Stewart Living magazine which I had brought home for Sian to read and which Jasmine had adopted to 'read' to herself that night.
Untitled
The bunting on her pillow (which I made back in 2012 for my own bed) is entirely coincidental and unstaged. She is such a wonderful little girl with an equally wonderful Mum. I'll be thinking of them (and making for them) constantly until I can visit England again.

Just in case you aren't getting enough Lixie in your life you can often find me over on Instagram. I read daily even if I don't always post.


19 comments:

cucki said...

Such a sweet post my dear..
Sending you big hugs x

ApartmentCat said...

It's so lovely to see things you've made being used.
xx Katie.

viji said...


you are posting a good information for people and keep maintain and give more updates too.


seo company in india

melinamia said...

Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site..Keep update more excellent posts..

Professional movers singapore
Movers company in singapore
Office movers singapore

sivaranjani said...

hese ways are very simple and very much useful, as a beginner level these helped me a lot thanks fore sharing these kinds of useful and knowledgeable information.

SEO Company in India





Unknown said...

I’ve been browsing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is

beautiful worth sufficient for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you did, the net will

be a lot more helpful than ever before.

AWS Training in Chennai

Unknown said...

Your resolutions are so fantastic; keep on creating a blog like this in future-:)

SAP ABAP Training in Chennai


SAP MM Training in Chennai


SAP HR Training in Chennai

Anonymous said...

this is very nice blog.this is very nice article interesting thanks for this articles.this kind of when is so useful to learn in my life and also motivate me to write something new information.

Data Warehousing Training in chennai

subuvenni said...

i really like this blog.And i got more information's from this blog.thanks for sharing!!!!
Iperidigi in chennai
SEO Company in Chennai
SEO Company in India

meenumaga said...

Very nice post here thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post.Excellent and very cool idea and great content of different kinds of the

valuable information's.
Business Tax Return
Cpa Tax Accountant
Tax Return Services

Unknown said...

These ways are very simple and very much useful, as a beginner level these helped me a lot thanks fore sharing these kinds of useful and knowledgeable information.

Eczema Treatment
Psoriasis Oil
Hyperpigmentation Treatment
Herbal Tonic

Nikisha said...

It is really a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
Web design company in chennai
Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

Unknown said...

i have really enjoyed sharing your website. thank you so much for your sharing this document. this document more useful and improve our knowledge.
vmware training in chennai

Anonymous said...

Great and really helpful article! Adding to the conversation, providing more information, or expressing a new point of view...

SAP ABAP Training in

Chennai

Unknown said...

I really got moreinformation from this blog.......
SAP FICO Training in Chennai

Unknown said...

Great and really helpful article!!

This blog was very useful for me waiting for more blog.


SAP FICO Training in Chennai

شركة المثالي سوبر said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بعنك
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف

cdcdcdcd said...


Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing

Best Ice Fishing Gloves Best Ice Fishing Gloves Best Ice Fishing Gloves

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing
Accurate Data collection & processing
Research and Project Management
Survey Programming & Hosting
Consulting Market Research