Friday 10 August 2018

Floating Confetti Quilt Pattern

My first published quilt pattern! Free on Craftsy.

Floating Confetti Quilt Pattern

This is perfect for someone who wants to try something a bit different  to basic blocks. You assemble the fans or plates and then applique them onto the background. The finished quilt is approx 36"x44".

I used the V&Co Ombre Confetti Metallic range which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. The confetti dots made me think of bubbles, champagne, lemonade, blowing on dandelion seeds and summer. The full range is discussed here. It can be bought from a variety of retailers. I purchased mine from SoJo Fabric (⅛ yd cuts) and The Heart & Home Co (backing), both on Etsy, but buy local and support your local stores where you can. For the petals I used Magenta, Plum, Aubergine, Indigo, Turquoise, Lagoon, Lime, Honey, Coral, and Persimmon. The centers were Sand and Mustard. The background is Popsicle Pink. My backing and binding is Kona Cotton in Honeydew. I was originally going to use the Honeydew as my background but it looked all wrong and I am very glad I changed it for the ombre pink!

Let me know what you think...



9 comments:

Giulia said...

So beautiful!

Clipping Path said...

Absolutely fantastic job you have done here. And Thank you for sharing with us

3nod maka said...

استمتع الان بـ افضل الخدمان من تنظيف خزانات وذلك مع امهر الفنين المتخصصين في تنظيف سجاد تواصل الان مع تنظيف منازل لـ طلب الخدمة او زورو موقع جلي سيراميك وذلك لـ طلب خدمات مكافحة العته تواصل معنا الان

barbara woods said...

love that quilt, I love Dresdens

Best Embroidery Digitizing said...

I love your circle quilt It is amazing You made a beautiful design who I have seen your blog images I like it and I will share to with my all friends and thank you for sharing.

Cake Making Classes in Chennai said...

The post is full of knowledge and provides users more information. This type of post helps the user to get useful ideas. Baking is one of the most popular professions and that serves as a great hobby. Baking Classes in Chennai helps to improve the making of cake easily.
Cake Making Classes in Chennai
Best Baking Classes in Chennai

Jack M said...

Thanks, great blog.

Carol said...

So sorry for all your trauma. I have a lot of it myself. I find sewing as therapeutic also. My main healing comes from the Lord. I encourage you to seek him. He loves you unconditionally. I love your styles. I admire you for your strength and perseverance. God bless you in life.

Shannon Mackle said...


Happy to have my Ex lover back..

Get Your Lover Back & feel loved forever,

Help That Really Work Fast,

Fix Relationship/marital problem,

Robinsonbuckler11 (@) gmail com,........................