Sunday 12 June 2005

Damn and blast

28 days

BUT Loop is opening on 2nd July. This leaves me with a problem, or rather an ethical conundrum. Because I want to support local business. And I want yarn. But I promised. Hum.

Have left my medication at home today which isn't the end of the world - I'll just take it when I get back. But it does leave me wondering whether my wrath against my fellow colleagues is a result of this, PMT or just because they are f*cking stupid. Not all of them, just the ones who feel my wrath. I like the word wrath. Other words I like include conundrum, dearth, finicky and erstwhile. Of course one should not swear in a blog. Afterall, children might be reading. But sometimes, I don't know. I guess it's like eating chocolate when you know you shoudn't. Sometimes you just *have* to.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

You could always have Loop Day as a day off (similar to Sundays in Lent!) and then extend the yarn exclusion zone for another month (eek, or perhaps just a week?!)

Incidentally, have you seen any count down style counters for websites? ie something that would let you count down how many days you've got left before yarn shopping recommences. I'm looking for something like that for my blog in an attempt to scare myself into writing my dissertation!

Kate said...

Your erstwhile pledge has presented you with a conundrum, caused by a dearth of yarn but if your pledge is erstwhile it is exactly that ("erstwhile: a. & adv. Former, previous" OED). Sorry to be so finicky about this but I did say it would end in tears!