Friday 31 March 2006

Bootstrap's bootstraps

There's a bit in Pirates of the Carribean where they talk about how Bootstrap Bill got weighed down when they ties weights to his bootstraps and the other pirate murmers "bootstrap's bootstraps hur hur hur". I mention this because I have made a watchstrap. You see the connection....

So here you have my watch.
Image hosting by Photobucket
It is rubbish. Just the strap. The face is fine. So let us dispense with the strap and here it is:
Image hosting by Photobucket
I decided to make this one out of plaited wire.
Image hosting by Photobucket
So now I have a bracelet that's also a watch. I'm quite pleased with myself in case you can't tell which is why I'm blogging AGAIN and have taken so many pics.

While I was writing this a phonecall came in announcing the imminent arrival of a VERY drunk Pooch. Batten down the hatches.

2 comments:

shaz said...

Gorgeous! I wish I wasn't allergic to metal, you guys get all the fun.

PURLPOWER said...

Lixie lady, you've been away for a week! A whole week! Hope you are OK and that you received a small packet this week from the frozen north......